Make your own party hats or let the birthday party guests make them.
What you will need:
Cardstock/Thick paper Paper of your choice Matching Sequins Glue Scissors StaplerDirections:
1. Download the template for cutting out your party hats (click on the thumbnail below) on any thick paper. Old wall calendars work well too.
2. Form a cone shape out of the thick paper and staple the ends closed.
3. Cut out the same template shape out of your decorative paper. Glue this paper over your base party hat.
4. Cut a strip of the same paper long enough to go all around the party hat.
5. Use scissors to cut slits into the strip as shown below leaving 1 cm on top to make the fringe.
6. Glue the fringed strip around the base of the party hat and press the hat down to crease the fringe outwards.
7. Cut out another strip of paper, twice broad than the strip for the fringe. Fold it horizontally from the middle and crease. Make accordion folds (fan fold) throughout the length. Now bring the ends of the accordion folded strip together and overlap them slightly to form a flower as shown below.
8. Glue the flower to the bottom center of the hat.
9. Glue matching sequins to decorate the party hat.